Government Procurement Policy Board - Technical Support Office
The GPPB, being an inter-agency body composed of top level public officials, is supported by its very own Technical Support Office (TSO) to provide support in the performance of its duties and responsibilities, particularly in spearheading the implementation of public procurement reform initiatives in the Philippines (Sec. 63.2, Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 9184).
The TSO Functions
The TSO provides research, technical and administrative support to the GPPB (Sec. 63.3, IRR of RA 9184), including:
- Research-based procurement policy recommendations and rule-drafting;
- Development and updating of generic procurement manuals and standard bidding documents/forms;
- Management and conduct of training on procurement systems and procedures;
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the government procurement system and recommendation of improvements in systems procedures;
- Monitoring the compliance to the Act and assisting procuring entities improve their compliance;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Government Electronic Procurement System (G-EPS); and
- Secretariat support.
The GPPB-TSO is a dynamic and effective agency promoting the highest standard of excellence in government procurement.
Our vision is to become a center of excellence for the advancement of innovative, responsive and sustainable public procurement system.
Professionalism - At GPPB-TSO, employees are hired to be visionaries, in addition to being stewards of public funds and information. Each individual understands the importance of his/her contribution and deals with issues in a straightforward manner.
Integrity - Each personnel of the GPPB-TSO, as public servants, demonstrates appropriate behavior in handling stakeholder/customer needs and displays moral uprightness in public service.
Teamwork - GPPB-TSO strengthens and empowers the relationship of its personnel, this is displayed through cooperation, harmony and synergy in the office.
Commitment - All GPPB-TSO personnel takes responsibility and accountability in ensuring that efficient and quality service is delivered as required and expected by the public, government-clients and stakeholders.
Honesty - GPPB-TSO considers honesty in its framework for making decisions. Each personnel displays truthfulness and transparency in his/her official and personal dealings.